Post by JR on Mar 9, 2014 11:24:36 GMT -5
This actually isn't a total scrabble game but one does spell and change words.
This is the rules of the game and with this game you'll not be able to repeat a word, have a dictionary right on hand to check words, and not be able to put in the wrong number of letters in a word. If you make a mistake or use a improper word it's let you know!
This thread here be locked and stickied to the top of the board for future reference so here are the rules and you will play the game on another thread just below this thread and the thread is made just for the game, no other thing so here are the rules.
(1) The way this is set up you will see at the top right corner of the page "ADD NEW WORD", click on this and a popup will come up for you to post your new word. The game will be started with the first word already in place. This is what the pop up will look like:
(2) Here is how it works, in this pop up you see the current word is a 6 letter word and if the game starts at 6 letters then "only" 6 letter words are accepted on this game. if you put a word in that doesn't have the correct number of letters another pop up will come up letting you know the letter count is incorrect and you will not be able to submit the word. The pop up will appear when you hit "Submit Word". If you put in a word that has already been used it will let you know and you'll have to choose again.
(3) Now you see the button called "Check Word"? Before you submit your word if you're not sure if it is a word, or if it is spelled correctly then after you type in your new word click on the "Check Word" and a pop up will appear with a Merriam Webster dictionary and the word you put in the "New Word" box already pasted into the dictionary to see if it is correct! If the word is misspelled or isn't in the Merriam Webster dictionary it will let you know! So then you can choose another word!
(4) Words with things like hyphens - and other non-letter symbols !$^&* will not be excepted, not even numbers, it MUST be letters, if you try to submit a word like this, when you hit the "Submit Word" button the word will not be put in, nothing will happen at all?
(5) You also have a message spot so you can post any message to your post and then hit the "Submit Word" button.
(6) Now most of the regular menu buttons on this game only have been removed, this thread is for the game only, not to ask about scooters or to post conversations except in the message area of the game dealing with the game. You will to the right see the Gear icon and if you hit this you will be able to Report a post just like in the normal forum area. When you report a post it will go to staff here just like in the other areas of the forum. reasons for reporting a post:
(a) Even though no one has a reason to put a misspelled word in it can happen and if it clearly does then report such word and a staff member only can and will come and delete the incorrect word/post and the game can move one. Please if it is obvious that a word is misspelled or if you do it by accident then you can also PM any staff member here where they can come in and make the necessary corrections.
(b) Profanity or vulgar words, just because they may be in the dictionary is no reason to use them.
(c) A argument or dispute about the game.
(7) Do not try to quote a member, if you do then the word is not on the list and can be used again, don't add smilies just a word.
I am working on a "Challenge Button" for the game that I can install a little later and with it one could challenge a word and the game will shut down until the challenge is checked out and the game reset.
I'll go get the game started and with this game we now should be able to finally someday come to a spot to say, we have a Winner!
When we do get a winner I'll start another game with a different number of letters the next time. Also I think I'll award a prize for the winner!
It's going to be a packaged "JR's never fail New Year's good luck meal!"
Black Eyed Peas
Meal fit for a king!